The UChicago Science Olympiad Tournament will follow all National rules and guidelines as seen in the official rulebook or online. This supersedes any adjustments made by Illinois State Science Olympiad or any other group. This is because we are hosting teams from many different states and want to keep the competition fair for all teams.
- All teams must have registered with the National Science Olympiad and follow requirements for membership and eligibility.
- All teams must have paid $100/team or $40/team (if CPS) in registration fees.
- All students must have a printed/signed waiver and photo release form to compete. Please check with us if a student cannot be photographed.
- Students must follow the code of ethics and general rules.
- Teams are 15 students each, max 2 alternates per team. As this is a Div C tournament, maximum 7 seniors (12th grade) are allowed. Follow these guidelines for a more complete description.
- There is no separate JV/V tiering.
- We will make our best effort to target questions in the Invitational/Regional level if stated in the rules- however, there is a chance that some questions may fall into the State/National level of difficulty to give students a chance to practice before these competitions.
- Students participating in building events must follow this policy. Arbitration is void if students remove their device from the impound area.
- Events requiring eye protection will disqualify and not allow students to compete in that event if students do not bring appropriate protective wear. Accordingly, we follow all safety requirements stated in the rules and students not following these will be asked to leave and will be disqualified from that event. We take safety seriously!
- We will be following these scoring guidelines.